Whether you plan to stay at the English Garden for business or pleasure, your hostess, Virginia Bohn, warmly welcomes you to Schenectady's Historical Stockade and the Capital Region.
History of the English Garden Bed & Breakfast
The English Garden Bed & Breakfast is nestled in the heart of the Historic Stockade District of Schenectady, New York. It was built in the 1760s for wealthy fur traders.
The home was originally built as a Federal style dwelling; however, in the 1800s Victorian architecture was added. Each room is oversized with fine antiques for your comfort and convenience.
- Each room is equipped with free wireless internet and televisions with DVD and VCR.
- The Guest rooms include both private bath or shared bath with king, queen and full size beds.
- Suites are available, and a single bed can be placed in your room for additional guests.
- There are 4 guests rooms
- Mid-week (Sun-Thur) single occupancy rate is between $125 and $165
- Mid-week (Sun-Thur) double occupancy rate is between $125 and $175
- WEEKEND rate is between $135 and $185
We honor government rates (both state and federal)
- Mid-Week Special for Business Travelers: (Sun-Thur | includes breakfast) call or email for pricing
- Special long-term or extended rates: call or email for pricing
- Arriving by Train? Pickup at the train station is available (Station is 2 blocks from the B & B)
- Included in room rate is a full breakfasts of coffee, teas, juice, egg variations, breakfast meats, sweet breads, and seasonal fresh fruits.
- Breakfast is served between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM in the breakfast/dining room. Earlier breakfast times are available upon request.
- Special Dietary Needs? We accomodate vegetarians, vegans, dietary restrictions and special needs if at all possible. Please advise when making reservation.